Monday, May 19

Karen Burniston Monthly Challenge "Fly"

Another month has past and another designer challenge and I love to see what all the other designers have done and what their take on the theme is.  We will all be posting our projects over the next 2 days.

This month Karen Burniston wrote : The word is "FLY" - how will you interpret it? Use Pop it Ups for a project showing your vision. My post will be on Wednesday, May 21st.

******************************************

So here is my post and my card.  I immediately thought of this Penny Black stamp called "Hedgehopper" and using the Karen Burniston/Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Bench.  

The Garden Bench is available from Crafts U Love in the UK at http://www.craftsulove.co.uk/elizabethcraftdesigns.htm


Right back to this months card.


1. Cut the Garden Bench pop up by placing the die onto the centre line of the folded blue card.

2. Stamp woodgrain stamp onto some brown card and again cut the bench, stick this over the blue one.

3. Stamp the "Hedgehopper" onto the blue card using black Versafine and I gave it a quick blast with my heat gun to dry the ink before I used my new Spectrum Noir Pencils for the very first time. Love them BTW.

4. I used the cloud/foliage die from the All season tree to create clouds with white hammer card. Stick in place with 3d pads.

5. Cut a piece of green paper and work out where the bench is going to be cut out.  Place the die on the green paper so that the lower half of the bench will be cut out on the paper.  Cut the bench parts away and stick the green paper onto the card.

6.  Take a piece of red card and using the Agatha Edges cut a piece to decorate the bottom.

7. Stamp wording onto a piece of white card using black ink and cut using one of the
Katie Pivot decorator dies.

8. Stamp one of the Hedgehogs from the Balloon Day stamp in black ink, dry and colour with the pencils.  Cut out and stick the hedgehog onto the back of the bench with acetate.



9. Make a folded outer card for the whole card to cover the hole created by the bench.

I hope you have enjoyed this post and you can see the other designers ideas at the links
<----------- font="" here="" nbsp="" over="">




STOCK NEWS - STOCK NEWS - STOCK NEWS

Crafts U Love also have the new House Pivot die in stock too I know people 
have been looking for that recently.

NEW RELEASES - NEW RELEASES - NEW RELEASES
So much excitement going on.  I have in my crafty mitts some of the new
Karen Burniston Dies for the next release!!  I can''t show or tell you anything right now
but KB fans will not be disappointed






4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What a fun card for the Designer Challenge this month. Love that Hedgehog stamp and how you paired it with the Garden Bench Pop UP.
Cheers
Karen A

Wren said...

I love the hedgehog, he is SUCH a cutie!!

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Such a cute card Caz & I love the hedgehog in his plane.

StampOwl said...

love the hedgehog with the garden bench, fun card

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...