Monday, November 16

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - November

Hi Crafters and today and I am here with my first of two designer challenge cards for November and this month's challenge was :

Pop it Ups Video Techniques - Choose any technique from any of my Pop it Ups videos going back to the beginning and use it for a card of any theme. Put your spin on the video techniques and make them even better! It's your take on (say) an Explosion, Double Pivot, Pivot Accordion, Floating Floor, Double Lorna, Bridge Spinner, Double high Pivot, etc. Peruse my videos here:https://www.youtube.com/playlist

I chose Karen's video HERE which is the DOUBLE HIGH KATIE PIVOT

By using the double high technique it gives you even more space to add your decorations and I chose Buster and Whiskers to adorn my card.


Now you may notice that mine is a slightly different shape to Karen's. That is
due to the position that I placed the Pivot die on the folded paper at which has given me a different shape.  So you can play around with the die placement to get the the shape you would like.


Here is a close up of Whiskers.  I used white card and ink pads
to give her the colour.  Lots of inking with daubers to tie it all in together.


Here are both Whiskers and Buster, Best of friends.  There isn't a sentiment on this 
card at the moment.  But you could use it for so many different occasions.

Now I did use a lot of dies for this card and I will list them below :

Whiskers the cat
Buster the dog
Butterfly Embossing Folder
Katie Label Pivot
Butterfly from Butterfly set
Heart from Heart Pivot set

You can purchase your dies from Crafts U Love in the UK
or from Elizabeth Craft Designs HERE

Other Items Used :

The paper used was a very old Bo Bunny from my stash 
and the heart flowers are Penny Black.
Ink colour is Abandoned Coral

I will be back tomorrow with my second card for the challenge and don't forget
to check out my talented team mates.  Links on the left of my blog 

See you soon

Caz xx



3 comments:

S@ndy Diller said...

Love this CAZ - The technique, the colors, the dies, all fab!!

Gmalew said...

Wonderful card. Excellent coloring and use of embossing folders.

StampOwl said...

fabulous Caz, love how you die cut the katie label to achieve a different shape

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...