Monday, October 24

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge Part 2 - Cards for boys

Hello, its the second of the months Designer Challenges and this challenge was picked by Summer and her choice was - "Boy oh Boy!" - think rough and tumble, boys will be boys, masculine or manly - no girls allowed! .

I admit this challenge sneaked up on me and I barely made it.  Then I suffered brain fog and just could not think of what to do.  Its been a busy weekend and its zapped my mojo!

However I managed this cute little "flat" card, proof that Karen Burnistons dies work just as well for flat creations as they do for the Pop it Ups! marvels we are used to creating.

I love the stencil feature on Cocoa to give him some cool shaded spots and I just used a sponge dauber and Distress Inks to add the extra colour.


This card measures 5 x 5 inches and I used some patterned paper with the 
Western Edges and Outdoor Edges to create hills and mountains.
The barbed wire was also created with Western Edges on silver Mirri card/
The dark blue paper to create a dark nights sky and used
Cocoa the horse, I thought, would look perfect on this scene
and I used the Western Stamps to create a signpost with the
Smile, Pardner!  phrase.

So even when your mojo does a wander, like Cocoa wandering "around
them there hills" you can still make a simple card, but non the less a simple
card that will still bring a smile to a little boys face, I am sure either one of my boys
would still enjoy this card.  I might just save this card and next time one of them
is feeling a bit down, I will send them a "smile" card :)  and see if it works.

Caz x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...