Saturday, May 5

In a rutt

Hmmm I am in a stampers rutt and I cant seem to get out of it. After my little bella roll I cant seem to get going again. I just tried to make a card but it just didnt seem to be happening. Part of it is that I think I am just trying to incoperate too much into it, I wanted to use the birds, use some ribbons, papers and flowers. Thing is, I am a simple card maker, I think I am trying to emulate others and its just giving me a brain fog! Also I have other matters on my mind which are just sitting there and festering so that is taking the enjoyment away also.


I'll go back to what I have done so far later and maybe I will feel happier about it all then, maybe I wont and it will end up in the bin.... we'll see.

Boys are sleeping, husband is out polishing his car?! (men eh?) I have been doing housework and moving things about... wonder how long it will take Darren to notice I brought the tumble dryer downstairs? (bit silly really, I had visions of me tumbling down with my tumble drier) anyway I didnt so thats OK. Any of you get these mad fits of moving things?? I am terrible, I move furniture all the time. Thing is, I get it into my head I want to, and I can not rest until it is moved and as Darren doesnt share the joy of moving rooms around it usually means I do it on my own with him guarding the boys from their mad mother! And results in me ended up needed a radox bath from all the aches of pulled muscles :O(

I think I have waffled enough today, I feel like I need to add cards on here all the time to keep people interested in my little 'ol blog, but for now a load of rubbish typed by me is the best your gonna get.................................


PART TWO
OK Boys are still sleeping and my butt is stuck in Harveys bean bag chair.... sooooo... I thought I would carry on this ramble. And here I attach a photo of a card I made at a recent demo. I was using a paper from Crate, I am sure that is spelt wrong but I think you know what I mean, anyway we sold out so I decided to show people how to make there own.

This card is using the paper - card below is my faux card!

Here is a MINI TUTORIAL ALERT!!



Materials Used : Decorative chalks, cotton wool ball, dauber duos.



Take a folded 6 x 6 card and place in front of you. Place a piece of copy paper so it is covering the top third of the card. Swipe the cotton wool into the chalk to create a band, as you are getting near where the bottom of the band would be, simply flip the paper down and again use as a mask for the chalk. Take a selection of dauber duos and use them directly onto the coloured strip. REMEMBER to ink them both on and part off the coloured stripe to give a better look to the dotty pattern. You can use the paper again to mask so the spots are not going below the coloured strip. SIMPLE SHRIMPLE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! Fantastic, how clever are you, making yer own crate paper, wonders will never cease.... I think I shall have ago, soooooo much richer I shall be as most of my pennies go on crate pape I love it.... The card is terrific, well both are infact....

ps.... I love reading your (rubbish) as you call it.... keep it up the good work...

Samm said...

Great idea Caz, I've made my own without chalk since I saw you do it at the demo! I've since bought 6 blooming dauber dous and I'm going dotty!!!!

Samm
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...