Tuesday, December 4

Update on Dad

He is still critical and in intensive care at St Georges Atkinson Morley. He has had a brain hemorage at the back of the brain (worst place). He was taken off all sedation Sunday 7am and should of woken up but he hasnt. He has been making small movements with legs but these were weaker yesterday than Sunday. He wasnt responding to the pain stimulation they were giving him like he was Sunday either. Yesterday they said they were giving him another 24 hours before speaking to my Mum again. He is looking better, partly as they gave him a shave. they are wonderful people there, If anyone can do anything they can.

This all came right out of the blue. He has been unwell with chest infection and they thought he had vertigo, he was in bed all week as he couldnt walk. What may or what certainly has made it worse is that he was on warferin as his heart had gone into AF again and he was waiting for his cardioversion, the warferin made his blood thin and it didnt clot like most of ours would have.

All his family and friends are rallying round. The waiting room was full of Dads visitors last night, we were playing tag with the visits. Mum is calling them at 8;30 this morning to see if there is any change. Were be going up to the hospital again today at 2 til 7

Thank you for the wishes, prayers and love. I will try and keep you updated.

17 comments:

StampOwl said...

Hi Caz ... I am soooo sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope he improves soon ... my thoughts are with your and your family.

Sue said...

I am sorry to hear this caz, thinking of you and your family,Hugs to ya lass

Nikki said...

Thinking of you all Caz...I hope that your Dads condition improves very soon...good to hear his family and friends are there for him. xxx

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to read about your dad. My love and thoughs are with you and your family
Shell xx

Rachel said...

More hugs for you Caz...& thoughts for your Dad

Rachel

Stamping Moments said...

Hi Caz,

Wishes and Hugs go to you and all your family, jenny x

Morwenna said...

Thanks for taking time out to let us know how your dad is doing, Caz.
Draw strength from knowing that you, your dad and family are being supported with love, good wishes and prayers.
xox

Sam Currie said...

keeping all crossed for you matey x

Deborah Duck said...

Hi Caz, so sorry to hear about your dad. He's in the best place, and they will do all they can for him.

I suffered a sub arachnoid brain haemorrhage 4 years ago. It was a dreadful time for my family, but I knew nothing about it, so hopefully your dad won't be suffering. If you want to chat in the future, when you are ready, please give me a shout.

xxx
Debbie

Dawn said...

Thinking of you Caz & hope when you go to hospital today there is a marked improvement.

wendy said...

Caz so sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are with him,you and all your family!

Anice said...

Hello Caz,
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad being ill. You and your family are in my thoughts.
Anice xx

Kim said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Caz. I have been checking back each day for updates. We have just been through this ourselves and I know what an awful time this is for you and your Mum. God bless. x

Kitty said...

Oh Caz, i hope your dad starts to get better soon and is in the road to recovery.

My thoughts are with you, *Hugs*

Fae said...

Hi Caz...Hope your dad is back on the road to recovery soon. I'm thinking of you and your family (give the boys a big hug from me...and one for you and your mum too). Lots of love, Fae

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you. I hope he improves soon, keep your chin up.

Anna said...

Caz, I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Big hugs to you and your family. I hope that there is better news soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...