Tuesday, January 20

Karen Burniston January Challenge - Day 2 - Rock(y) the boat

I am back with my second card for the January challenge,  I won't waffle much, I am doing this before I have to go to work.  I was so inspired by Donna Wrights Owl and Pussycat card I asked if she minded that I copy her making the bathtub into a boat idea and she said of course not.

Check out all the fabulous cards for this month on the links on the left and I will post a link to Karen's own post tomorrow when it is online.
On the inside of my card I have used :

Lots of Pops to be the base of my pop it up
Bathtub for the Boat
Pole from the Lots of Pops die set 
Beach edges for the waves & Palms
Shells and Crab from Rocky set
Label for words is from Lorna Label Pop up
Clouds from All Seasons Tree

I hand cut the sails




On the outside I used an array of stamps some of which are very old.

Stampendous Words and Scene
Elzybells fish on left
Amuse Fish on right

I sponged the ink to create a sunset scene.

I was really pleased how this card came out.  Rocky is such a fun character and it
was fun to pile on the different dies.  Of course if you didnt have all of these
I am sure you would be able to make it a bit simpler.

3 comments:

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Rocky sure looks like he's having fun in that boat! Great card Caz.

StampOwl said...

I think Rocky is rockin' that boat haha .... most like trying to rescue his friends ;). Love the card Caz

Karen Aicken said...

Love that Rocky is in a boat ... and that you made the boat using the Bathtub die. So fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...