Monday, March 14

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - Pull it!

This months challenge was :

Pull it! Use any of the Pull Cards OR the Hanging Charm Pull Tab for a card of any style, any theme.

I needed a card for my husband's birthday this week so I made sure that one of my challenge cards was with him in mind.  Having just received the Elizabeth Craft Designs "Through the lense" papers I was inspired by the colours with one of the designs.



I chose a lovely blue and brown stone paper and chosen the soft finish cardstock accordingly.

Now how to decorate... Hmm I challenged myself to make this not too cute, no characters!! what! But I did think of what Darren loves and he loves cake!  Happy Cake Day was the perfect sentiment and I made it using the Happy Birth(day) Pop it up and the single letters.

I used the RECTANGLE PULL CARD with no other insert so it just opens up
and on the inside I used the CAKE POP IT UP

as you can see I kept the colours the same inside and I used a metallic cream to
highlight the TRENDY TILES EMBOSSING FOLDER

All these dies of course make fantastic pop up and interactive cards but look how fabulous the
cake looks flat inside the card.

Dies can of course be purchased from  Crafts U Love in the UK
or American friends who prefer to purchase from the USA via

I will be back tomorrow with another PULL IT! card


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...