Tuesday, July 31

"Cuttlebug - over the edge" tutorial

A few people have asked how I did it, I know its hard to explain in words sometimes so here are some visuals for you.

Step one - Take image, remember when you trim it you need to leave a gap to be able to emboss. Pop in into the cuttlebug folder so most of the image is sticking out.













Step Two - Place embossing folder into the sandwich as shown. Note the long side of the embossing folder is going with the short side of the blocks.











Step Three - Run though cuttlebug machine













Step Four - Voila! here is your cuttlebugged "over the edge" design. Embellish as required. You could ink the edge, colour with inks or pencils, whatever you wanted.

I'll finish this card off tonight and show you what I have done with it.

10 comments:

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

oooh Caz thanks ever so much for that tip!

I'm going to have a go at that!!

Kerryn said...

just another reason for neeeeeeding a bug!! such a great technique!

Andrea, said...

That looks great TFS

Katie Skiff said...

That is very cool...I can't wait to see what you end up with!

k

Trace said...

Great idea - I must try it!
Love the stamp too - what's it called and who makes it?

Jean said...

This is genius! Thanks for sharing!!

Becky Stewart said...

thanks so much for sharing this fab tip - can't wait to see the card!

tomiannie said...

Great tip, Caz, and what a great blog! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Great tip, but now I have to buy some embossing folders!

rubberdubber said...

That's a fab idea and so simple, yet I would never have thought to do it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...